Those of you who have been around the last year (can you believe it’s almost been ONE year since I launched this blog?) have been through a LOT with me. The ups, downs, and run-arounds. Changes in career paths, changes in daily routines, changes in style, most recently – the change of address from South Carolina to Mississippi.
I wrote a blog post last summer about how I got my groove back. A post that centered around my fitness journey the last several months doing both Orangetheory and a variety of classes at my local gym. I was proud of the fact that I was stronger, leaner, and more flexible to do all the things that a mom of tiny humans needs to do. I also wanted to feel more confident in a bathing suit and I DID!
As a mom-lifestyle-fashion blogger, I try to think about all of my readers and the stages of life that they are in. Some of you are single, college-age women who are just trying to figure out what you want to do when you grow up. Some are in the throes of planning a wedding to the love of your life. Others are about to give birth to their first, second, or third baby. And others are about to welcome their fourth or fifth grandbaby. We are all at various phases of life. But, I think I can speak for most women when I say that we have to work at being confident in our own skin. The one gift I have given my daughter is that in her precious five years of life she has never heard me or her father use the word “fat.” I have never made a negative comment about my body in front of her, but that doesn’t mean that a girl she goes to school with won’t. And it isn’t because I think I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread (and I think we can all agree that sliced bread is pretty awesome, right?). It’s because SHE does.
I am conscious of the fact that I have never had to lose 100 lbs or more of my body weight to be considered healthy or comfortable. I am a petite-framed Italian girl (5’3 1/2 on a good day!) and I have ranged anywhere from 115 lbs (when I was depressed and ill) to 160 lbs over the course of my 36 years. So – no, for some of you who may be reading this you may be thinking “She’s always been tiny!”….and to you, I will give you a slight nod and smile. I have struggled with my perception of myself for my entire life. (It didn’t hurt that one of my ex-boyfriends told me that if I looked like Jessica Biel he would be more attracted to me…..#jerk)
Last year, I got my fitness journey on track and I continue to improve daily and weekly in my strength and cardio activity, but let me tell you that working out as much as I was, I should have had ABS, damnit!
Insert reading about this program – the FASTer Way to Fat Loss. I asked about it on social media and one of my close friends had a coach in the program and had seen great results from it. I didn’t know anything about it other than I saw real men and women who looked like me and then just a few short weeks later looked like Jessica Biel. (O.k. kidding, but they had toned tummies and arms and legs.)
- What is it? It’s a nutrition/workout lifestyle plan that incorporates Intermittent Fasting, Carb Cycling, Tracking Macros, and workouts over the course of 6-weeks to start.
- HUH? Macros? Yes, it’s a thing. In short, it’s Carbs, Proteins, and Fats that you are consuming over the course of a day. The good ol’ fashioned food pyramid wasn’t all that wrong after all! It just needs a tweak or two given what kind of work out you are doing!
- Do you have to pay for it? Of course you do! Things you pay for are often tended to a bit closer and with more care – which your BODY/MIND should be the most cared for thing in your life.
- Can’t I just google it and do it on my own? Sure – see how that works for you. I can tell you that the accountability of this program is what makes it stick.
- Do I have to give up coffee/wine/chocolate? NO. NO. NO. But you can’t also consume it like water – 24/7. Sorry to burst your bubble.
- How is this any different from Weight Watchers, KETO, WHOLE30, Paleo, Jenny Craig, Isagenix, Arbonne, BeachBody, Atkins…..we all know them all….. Each person responds differently to different plans and nutrition; however, this plan accommodates to EACH individual and their daily needs. It’s not a diet – it’s a way of living. (Yes, I know they all say that – but I swear as one who has done most of the diets above – it’s a change in the way I approach food.)
- I’m nursing/post-partum…. Great! JOIN US to pass on the knowledge to your little ones so that we can all be healthier together!
- I’m a CrossFit, Orangetheory, Pilates, Running, BootCamp….etc….Enthusiast, do I have to stop doing what I love? No! It’s a LIFESTYLE. It’s recommended that you find an activity/workout that fits your schedule and gives you results and with the FWTFL we can give you suggestions on how to pair those days with your nutrition plan.
- How much is it? It’s $199 for first-time clients.
- HOLY CRAP. THAT’S TOO MUCH. I know, I thought the same thing. But I also go to Target way too much. And get way too many Amazon Prime shipments. And neither one of those gets my abs visible.
- So, what exactly am I paying for? You are paying for the knowledge of a program that works. You are paying for a coach to motivate you and encourage you and also snap you back on track. You are paying for a community of women and men who are all looking for the same thing you are – long lost ABS, freedom from pasta-bondage, a vacation-friendly way of eating! You are paying for a system that will change your body, your mind, and your life.
I signed up for my second round with my coach, Jeni Matz, that started yesterday and I am so stoked about the program that I am in the process of becoming certified as a Coach; I start with my interview next Monday! I’m a bit nervous, but excited! Even Bryan- who has loosely followed along the past month and a half and LOST weight – wants to join me! He’s seen the differences in our lifestyle and in my body and is astounded.
Let me reassure you, this isn’t one of those “direct sales” businesses that I love but everyone else is so terrified of. It’s a business that fits into my FOCUS of serving, empowering, motivating, and connecting women for 2019. So, my journey is JUST beginning. How about yours?
I cannot wait to get started on this program! So proud of you Brandi! I think FWTFL community would be blessed to have you as a coach. You inspire so many! And dang girl look at those results!
Pingback: A Brand New Day….a Brand New Season – A Brand New Day