Football is not just a game in the South….it’s another form of religion. You may not go to church every Sunday, but you darn sure better be praying for your team that either played the day before (college ball) OR your team that’s playing on the Lord’s Day.
There are a lot of reasons to get together but watching football is as good as any of them! Whenever we are invited to our friends’ homes, I love to bring over a good dip because I find that they are easy to prepare and they are well-received by the gatherers! My top four favorites are listed below and can be varied based on preference and occasion; my hope is that you and your loved ones will enjoy these as much as mine have!
Fiesta-Five Layered Dip
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1 16 oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Jalapeños, green olives, black olives, tomatoes (diced)
Directions: In saucepan on medium heat, make ground beef and prepare with taco seasoning as directed on the back of the packet. When simmering, mix in the refried beans. Let heat through. In a 13×9 greased baking pan, layer the refried bean – ground beef mixture. Top with sliced cream cheese hunks on top. Top with shredded cheese. Top with jalapeños, green olives, or whatever else you want and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or heated through. Serve with tortilla chips.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 can white chicken breast (drained)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar)
- 1 8 oz cream cheese block
Crack Corn Dip*
This Out-of-this-World Corn Dip (also know as Crack Corn Dip) is a crowd pleasing appetizer that’s easy to make and will always get eaten!
- 3 (11 oz) cans MexiCorn (sweet corn & diced red and green peppers), drained
- 1 (7 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (6 oz)can chopped jalapeno peppers drained and liquid added to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 bags scoop-like corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chips.
- Chill two hours to overnight. Serve with your favorite chips (I used Fritos and Tostitos) for scooping. Enjoy!
Cherry Cheesecake Dip *
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 3.75 oz 1/2 jar Marshmallow Creme
- 8 oz thawed Cool Whip
- 2 cup Cherry Pie Filling
Whip together cream cheese and marshmallow creme until blended. Add in Cool Whip and mix to combine. Spread into a dish and top with pie filling. Serve with Nilla Wafers, Graham Crackers, Pretzels, fruit kabobs or just on its own!
I hope ya’ll enjoyed my little round up of dips! Let me know what you think of them by dropping me a comment below!